Flow Systems designed and manufactured a test stand for a gas utility company that required airflow calibrations on turbine meters.
This test stand, which is a variant of the Gas Flow Calibrator, has the following key features:
- Turbine Meter Test Section with ability to simultaneously control pressure and flow rate
- Provide Automated Regulators for Pressure Control
- Tabular and Graphical Data Presentation
- Interface with Existing Signal Conditioners and Frequency Counter
- User-friendly Test System Controller Software for Operator, Maintenance and Engineering Personnel
- Flow Elements: Ten sonic nozzles (critical flow Venturis) with Binary Throat Area Progression
- Flow Range : 104 to 66,783 ACFH 10 and 70°F
- Accuracy: ±0.41% of reading, traceable to NIST standards
- Repeatability: 0.25% or better
This product is an example of a custom system developed and manufactured by Flow Systems. System hardware, controller software, fixtures, and facility requirements can all be configured to meet specific customer requirements. Custom test stands manufactured by Flow Systems are built using industry standard Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) components utilize flow meters which are traceable to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Photos & Schematics
The following are pictures and schematics of the Gas Turbine Meter.
View / Download Pneumatic and Instrumentation Diagram as PDF
View / Download Schematic as PDF